I have created a Free Preschool Patterns Workbook that is 25 printable pages of awesome pattern activities for kids to enjoy!
The workbook includes 7 different types of activities. There are play dough pattern mats, worksheets to create your own pattern, cut and paste activities to finish the pattern, color to finish the pattern, and more.
Disclaimer: The information published in this blog is for information and entertainment purposes only. I am not an expert and you should look elsewhere for advice. I am not liable for any damages resulting from using the information on this blog. All activities for children should be done with adult supervision. For further information, see the Disclaimer page.
Affiliate info: I sometimes publish endorsements and advertisements, which means that if you purchase something through one of the links here, I might receive a percentage of the sale, with no added cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For further information, see the Affiliation Information Page.
Why is learning about patterns important for preschoolers?
It is important for preschoolers to learn about patterns.
Patterns are arrangements of items that repeat in a logical way. Research has shown that exploring patterns has many benefits for preschool-aged children. Pattern work helps kids learn to make observations and predictions for what comes next, building foundational math and science skills. Additionally, making educated guesses helps kids develop critical thinking and logic skills.
Some think that understanding patterns even develops social skills and relationships in preschoolers. Taking turns and following routines are logical sequences of events, just like patterns.
What supplies do you need to complete the Free Preschool Patterns Workbook?
Here are the supplies you need to complete the Free Preschool Patterns Workbook!
I really try to keep the list of supplies needed to complete my workbooks short! My hope is that you already have the majority of these items.
Items needed to complete the Preschool Patterns Workbook:
- Writing utensil
- Markers or crayons. These are our favorite markers and crayons (affiliate links).
- Child-safe scissors
- Glue or glue stick
- Play Dough (affiliate link) in pink, blue, purple, yellow, & green colors. Here is a recipe to make your own dough, if you’d like. Pom poms make a great alternative, as well.
- Colorful “O” shaped cereal
Terms and Conditions:
By downloading the Free Preschool Patterns Workbook, you accept these terms and conditions.
- This workbook was created by Hey Kelly Marie to be used for personal and personal classroom use.
- The workbook is copyright protected. © 2020 Hey Kelly Marie and all rights reserved.
- This workbook may not be sold, hosted, stored, or reproduced on any other site or blog.
- Adult supervision is required for children’s activities. It is up to the child’s caretakers to determine what is developmentally appropriate and safe for their child. Caretakers have full responsibility for child safety and development.
Get the Free Preschool Patterns Workbook HERE
To download the Free Preschool Patterns Workbook, please subscribe to Hey Kelly Marie emails below, and you’ll immediately get an email including the password to my private Printable Resources page.
Subscribe here for your workbook.
Want more preschool workbooks and activities?
Pin this post!
Please let me know how you like the Free Preschool Patterns Workbook !
I’d love to hear how you and your kids like this workbook. Comment below. I’d also love it if you share this post on social media so that others can find it.
I am working on new resources for preschoolers all the time, and I’d also love to hear your ideas. What resources would like me to provide? Leave a comment and let me know.