My kids love pretend play, and they had a blast creating a play zoo with me using this set of 18 Free Zoo and Zookeeper Dramatic Play Printables. This set is great for pretend play at home or at school.
Disclaimer: The information published in this blog is for information and entertainment purposes only. I am not an expert and you should look elsewhere for advice. I am not liable for any damages resulting from using the information on this blog. All activities for children require adult supervision. For further information, see the Disclaimer page.
Affiliate Links: I sometimes publish endorsements and advertisements, which means that if you purchase something through one of the links here, I might receive a percentage of the sale, with no added cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For further information, see the Affiliation Information Page.
What’s included in this set of Free Zookeeper Dramatic Play Printables?
This set of Free Zoo Dramatic Play Printable Resources includes everything I could think of for kids to have a great time creating their own zoo. The list of zoo printables includes:
- Welcome to the Zoo sign
- The Zoo is open/closed signs
- Zoo Map
- Welcome to the Snack Bar
- Snack Bar Menu
- Play Money (for admission, carousel, and snack bar transactions)
- Zoo Admission Tickets
- Zoo Staff Name Badges
- Gorilla, Lion, Elephant Exhibit Signs
- Giraffe, Zebra, Panda Exhibit Signs
- Penguin, Rhinoceros, Polar Bear Exhibit Signs
- Monkey, Bear, and Tiger Exhibit signs
- Zoo Staff Daily Animal Care Checklist
- Veterinarian Zoo Animal Checkup Checklist
- Please Do Not Feed the Animals Sign
- Carousel Line Starts Here Sign
- Carousel Tickets
- Exhibit is Under Construction and Animal Off Exhibit Signs
Supplies to Enhance Zoo / Zookeeper Dramatic Play
Here are some toys, costumes, and supplies that might add some extra fun to your pretend zoo setup:
- Cargo vest and hat (aff link)
- Veterinarian costume (aff link)
- Play vet set (aff link)
- Zoo animal set (aff link)
- ID card protective cases (for Zoo Staff Badges) (aff link)
- Wire storage shelves (potential animal cages) (aff link)
- Laminating sheets (make checklists reusable) (aff link)
Zoo Books for Kids
I love incorporating books into pretend play with my kids. Reading a book about the topic can give us all more ideas for play and help us learn something too.
Here are a few books about zoos to consider:
- What Do You Do If You Work at the Zoo? (aff link)
- What Did Molly See at the Zoo? (aff link)
- Let’s Go to Our Zoo (aff link)
Why should we encourage dramatic play?
Dramatic play is a type of play where kids pretend to be someone or something else. Acting as a doctor, postal employee, or pilot are all examples of dramatic play. Dramatic play is also often called pretend or imaginary play.
In addition to being really fun, dramatic play has several great benefits for kids. Dramatic play encourages self-regulation, communication skills, and conflict resolution. For more on this, I suggest reading this article from Sarah at stayathomeeducator.com.
Get Your Free Zoo / Zookeeper Dramatic Play Printables
Terms and Conditions: By downloading the Zoo Dramatic Play Printable Pages, you accept these terms and conditions.
- This printable was created by Hey Kelly Marie to be used for personal and personal classroom use.
- Furthermore, the printable resource is copyright protected. © 2021 Hey Kelly Marie and all rights reserved.
- Additionally, this printable resource may not be sold, hosted, stored, or reproduced on any other site or blog.
- Adult supervision should be provided for children’s activities. It is up to the child’s caretakers to determine what is developmentally appropriate and safe for their child. Caretakers have full responsibility for child safety and development.
To download the Zoo Dramatic Play Printable Pages, please subscribe to Hey Kelly Marie emails below.
Once you confirm your subscription, you will get another email including the password to my Printable Resources page. On this page, you’ll find the PDF printable pages.
Email subscribers get access to the entire Hey Kelly Marie Printable Resources Library, including the Alphabet Coloring Pages, Preschool Math Workbook, Preschool Cutting Workbook, and Preschool Patterns Workbook.
I’m working on more workbooks and activities all the time, and I share them weekly with subscribers. You can unsubscribe at any time. No spam, promise.
More Dramatic Play Printables from Hey Kelly Marie
I want your feedback!
I love hearing from readers, and I would be thrilled to hear what you think of these zoo pretend play printable resources. Did your kids enjoy them? Is there something I can add? Leave a comment below.