We’ve all looked at hungry faces at dinnertime and wondered, what in the heck are we going to have for dinner? Meal plans are great, but even the best planners get caught once in awhile unprepared. It’s no problem to get dinner on the table fast when you’ve got a well-stocked pantry. I’ve organized a list of pantry staples that can be turned into 22 family dinners and 11 breakfasts fast! That’s 33 meals total!
Pantry meals aren’t gourmet, but they’ll keep you out of the drive-through and takeout lines. Pantry meals also make a more nutritious meal than takeout and save a ton of money! Every time I make these meals, I’m grateful for a well-stocked pantry.
Email subscribers also receive the Shopping List of Pantry Staples printable for free. Take this list shopping to make sure you always have ingredients to make dinner!
Subscribers receive the password via email to the Hey Kelly Marie printable resources library and have access to all the printable documents available on Hey Kelly Marie. Subscribe below.
Want to jump to the 33 family meals this list of pantry staples can make? Click HERE!
So what’s on the List of Pantry Staples? Let’s get to it.
List of Pantry Staples
- Beans (black, pinto, chili beans)
- Green beans
- Tomatoes (crushed, diced, sauce, or whole tomatoes)
- Broth (chicken, vegetable, or beef)
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Shelf Stable Basics
- Marinara sauce
- Tortilla Chips
- Maple Syrup
- Olive oil
- Teriyaki Sauce
*Ketchup, mustard and vinegar are nice to have around, in my opinion, but they are not totally necessary for the dinners I recommend below. They can be used for BBQ sauces and dressings, and vinegar mixed with milk makes a quick buttermilk for baking. For the sake of saving you money, if you don’t use them regularly, feel free to leave them out.
- Frozen berries
- Meat (chicken, ground beef)
- Frozen broccoli
- Frozen mixed veggies
- Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Chili powder
Family Dinners from the List of Pantry Staples
- Pasta + Marinara + Parmesan = Pasta marinara
- Pasta + Olive Oil + Butter + Garlic + Lemon + Parmesan = Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Pasta + Cheese sauce = Macaroni and Cheese ; This recipe from Somewhat Simple is great.
Soups (Can serve with grilled cheese)
- Vegetables + Sauteed Onion + Broth + Spices = Vegetable Soup
- Beans + Sauteed Onion + Broth + Spices = Bean Soup
- Broccoli + Sauteed Onion + Cheese + Broth + Spices = Broccoli Soup
- Tomato + Sauteed Onion + Broth + Spices = Tomato Soup
- Potato + Broth + Cheese + Spices = Potato Soup
- Pumpkin + Broth + Spices = Pumpkin Soup
- Tuna + Onion + Pickles + Mayo + Spices = Tuna Salad
- Tuna + Peas + Cheese + Pasta + Cream sauce = Tuna Noodle Casserole
Dinners with Beans
- Beans + Tomato + Chili Powder + (optional) Beef = Chili
- Beans + Salsa + Cheese + Tortilla Chips + Lime = Nachos
- Beans + Spices + Salsa + Cheese + Tortilla + Chicken or Beef (optional) + Lime = Tacos
- Beans + Spices + Salsa + Cheese + Rice + Lime = Burrito Bowls
- Eggs + Vegetable + Cheese = Omelet
- Eggs + Vegetable + Cheese = Fritata ; This recipe from Cookie and Kate looks delicious!
- Eggs + Cheese + Potato + Tortilla = Breakfast Burrito
- Eggs + Flour + Milk + Sugar + Baking Powder = Pancakes
- Tortilla + Cheese + Salsa + (optional) Meat = Quesadilla
- Rice + Vegetable + Teriyaki + optional (Meat) = Stir Fry
- Dough or Tortilla + Marinara + Mozzarella cheese = Pizza
Breakfasts from the List of Pantry Staples
We’re not done yet! Not only can the List of Pantry Staples be used to make 22 dinners, these ingredients can be used to make these breakfast meals too.
- Muffins (Berry, pumpkin, lemon, or cinnamon)
- Scones (Berry, pumpkin, lemon, or cinnamon)
- Scrambled eggs + Toast
- Breakfast burrito
Start Stocking your Pantry Today
A well-stocked pantry is so powerful. You can cook a meal on a dime, with no plan ahead of time. A pantry meal might not be the best meal you’ve ever had, but not every meal needs to be! Sometimes we just need to get food on the table.
To get a handy Shopping List of Pantry Staples printable, subscribe to Hey Kelly Marie emails. Take this list shopping and you’ll always have what you need to make these 33 meals.
Did you find this list of pantry staples helpful?
I’d love to hear your feedback on this list! Do you keep a well-stocked pantry? What are your favorite pantry meals? Comment below.
Trying to keep your grocery budget low? Me too! Check out How to Save Money on Groceries.
Disclaimer: The information published in this blog is for information and entertainment purposes only. I am not an expert and you should look elsewhere for advice. I am not liable for any damages resulting from using the information on this blog. All activities for children should be done with adult supervision. For further information, see the Disclaimer page.