Are you thinking about moving from MailChimp to FloDesk? Here, you’ll find the steps for how to switch from MailChimp to FloDesk. You can also use the FloDesk coupon code KELLYM to get 50% off a FloDesk subscription (affiliate code and link).
Moving my email marketing from Mailchimp to FloDesk was a much easier process than I thought.
Disclaimer: The information published in this blog is for information and entertainment purposes only. I am not an expert (in child education or anything else) and you should look elsewhere for advice. There is no guarantee of gaining any specific skill from using my resources. I am not liable for any damages resulting from using the information on this blog. All activities for children require adult supervision. For further information, see the Disclaimer page.
Affiliate info: I sometimes publish endorsements and advertisements, which means that if you purchase something through one of the links here, I might receive a percentage of the sale, with no added cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For further information, see the Affiliation Information Page.
Step 1: Download the CSV File.
The first step to moving your entire list of email contacts or subscribers to FloDesk is to download the CSV file from MailChimp. The CSV file contains all the data you’ve collected for your email list.
To download the CSV:
- Login to MailChimp
- Go to Audience
- All Contacts
- If you have more than one audience, find the audience you would like to use from the Current Audience drop-down menu.
- Export Audience
- Export as CSV
Your CSV file will download. It may take some time. Once it has been downloaded, you’re ready for the next step.
Step 2: Import the CSV File to FloDesk
The next step is to import your email list into FloDesk.
To import the email list into FloDesk:
- Login to FloDesk
- Go to Audience
- Click on the button that says + Add Subscriber and Upload CSV.
- Click or drag to add your downloaded CSV file.
You can also add your CSV to a segment in FloDesk.
Hopefully, this step-by-step guide for how to switch from MailChimp to FloDesk has been very helpful.
- I suggest you keep your MailChimp account open and subscriber list intact there until you are sure that everything is moved to FloDesk and working properly. I kept my MailChimp account open until I had successfully sent my first few FloDesk emails to my subscriber list. I did not end up needing to reference my MailChimp account again, but having an intact email list at MailChimp is a great “insurance policy.”
- Secondly, make sure that you have changed your subscriber signup form to the forms provided by FloDesk. This will make sure that any new email subscribers are added to your email lists with FloDesk. FloDesk has several ready-made forms under the Forms tab of the account portal.
50% Off FloDesk Coupon Code
Use the FloDesk Coupon Code KELLYM to get 50% off your FloDesk subscription (affiliate code and link).
Why Use FloDesk for Email Marketing?
If you’re new to FloDesk, check out this post with Three Reasons Why I Love FloDesk for Email Marketing.
I am an affiliate of FloDesk. I sometimes publish endorsements and advertisements, which means that if you purchase something through one of the links here, I might receive a percentage of the sale, with no added cost to you. For further information, see the Affiliation Information Page.